By Allison Jarrell

The Capistrano Eagles Motorcycle Club is set to hold its semiannual community food drive on Saturday, Dec. 17 from noon to 5 p.m. benefiting Father Serra’s Pantry and San Juan Capistrano families in need. The drive will be held at the Swallow’s Inn, located at 31786 Camino Capistrano, and includes live music performed by Family Style.

The most needed items include nonperishable food such as canned meats, fish and poultry; canned fruit; canned soup; dry pasta and beans; and personal hygiene products.

Serra’s Pantry is a nonprofit group of about 80 volunteers at Mission Basilica Church who work to provide food and other household items to 85 low-income families in South Orange County.

David Bordages, director of the pantry, said about 75 percent of the families the pantry serves live in San Juan Capistrano, with the other 25 percent coming from communities such as Capistrano Beach, San Clemente and Laguna Hills.

Bordages said the motorcycle club has been a longtime supporter of the pantry, hosting food drives twice a year for about 20 years now. The holiday food drive helps keep the pantry stocked through the winter months.

For more information on the food drive, call the Capistrano Eagles at 949.422.3717 or the Swallow’s Inn at 949.493.3188.

To find out more about Father Serra’s Pantry, visit www.serraspantryoutreach.org. The pantry is located at 31611 El Camino Real in downtown San Juan Capistrano.

About The Author Capo Dispatch

comments (0)

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>