By OC Board Supervisor Lisa Bartlett
Are you a small business or nonprofit in South Orange County’s art community and struggling to stay afloat because of COVID-19? If so, then I invite you to apply for my Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program.
Approximately $1 million in grant funding is available to support qualifying arts-related small businesses and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Grant awards range from $5,000 to $20,000 for nonprofits based on organizational revenue, and $5,000 to $12,000 for small businesses based on the number of full-time equivalent employees (FTE).
The online application process opens on June 24 at 9 a.m. at charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd5/.
Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Awardees will be reimbursed for eligible expenses incurred from Jan. 1 to the present (as long as other relief program funds were not received for the same expense).
In order to qualify, your business or nonprofit must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have no more than 25 employees (FTE).
- Must be a for-profit business or nonprofit organization 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6), or 501(c)(19) and eligible to receive federal funding.
- Home-based businesses are eligible (home mortgages or owner’s salary are not permissible expenses).
- Independent contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, but funds cannot be used for salary, lost profits, or lost income.
- Must have been in operation on/before Feb 15, 2020 and have not permanently closed.
- Main place of business must be located within the Fifth Supervisorial District.
- Must be willing to attest to a statement that the award was used as a response to the negative economic impact of COVID-19 and attest to compliance with all local, state, and federal COVID guidelines and orders.
- Funds cannot be used for tax revenue replacement, loan payments, or overtime.
- Detailed requirements can be found at charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd5.
So, don’t delay. Gather the required documents and submit an application today.
Lisa Bartlett sits on the Orange County Board of Supervisors, representing the 5th District. She was reelected in 2018.